Sunday, March 14, 2010

She Knows its Coming

Kwik Trip Gal's name is now officially No Show Gal.

I am sure she will have some good excuse like she had to change the batteries in her smoke detectors since it was daylight savings. I was even feeling guilty that I may not have waited for her long enough, so after returning home to pick up my dog (who is always willing to run with me) I ran by our meeting place to make sure she hadn't come. Nope. She did leave me a message 30 minutes after our meeting time saying she was sorry and she would look for me.... hmmmm She was probably really on her way to get more batteries.

AND in addition to that heart breaker, my run SUCKED! My shins were killing me. I thought they would warm up and it would turn into an okay run. Nope. And my pace just kept on getting slower and slower. Too bad too because the morning gave the feeling that it was going to be a beautiful March day. We might actually get the see the sun today.

However, there was a happy being in all of this. Shiner. He was one happy dog when I came back and got him. His tail was just a waggin'. He would have looked like this dog:

smiling dog (2).gif

1 comment:

  1. 4 legged running partners are the BEST! And most reliable.

    ReplyDelete