Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A better day

Today was a much better day on the treadmill. I usually don't run two days in a row while on vacation, but I consider yesterday's 2 miles a non-run. A good attempt, but not enough to count as a run day.

So, today all went well except for a guy hogging the fan, but I managed pretty well without it. I went in with the attitude of running 45 minutes or 5 miles whatever came first. So it didn't matter how fast I did it, unless I was feeling inspired.

The first few steps were a good sign since I didn't experience the excruciatingly painful butt giggle. I just started out running and started increasing the pace as I felt good. Eventually I started to do 1 minute intervals and some variations of that. I won't got into the mind numbing details. The end result is I hit 5 miles at 43 minutes. I finished out the 45 minutes with about 5.25 miles and felt good.

I guess my body has adjusted to being 42.

1 comment: