Monday, March 1, 2010

ALMOST an embarrassing moment

Luckily yesterday I managed to avoid a potentially very embarrassing moment......

On the slopes of Mt. Werner in Steamboat they have mesh type banner signs which warn you to slow down or not jump. They are usually placed where runs are merging. Well, this year I noticed that they had some new signs. One that caught my curiosity was W.H.O.A Partner - Slopewise. I figured that they must have some new partnership with the WHOA group, but couldn't figure out what WHOA stood for. I thought I would see some explanation of it somewhere on the map or in the Gondola building, but no such luck. I meant to ask a lift operator what it stood for - because you know me, I need know what is going on! - but I kept on forgetting. Later in the day I finally got it.... it wasn't W.H.O.A Partner, it was Whoa Partner! As in cowboy on his horse - Whoa Partner!!

I could only imagine the look of bewilderment that I would have seen on the lift operator's face as I asked what WHOA stood for. Jim assured me that it would have been in the top 10 for the stupidest question asked by a skier. Whew! Sometimes forgetfulness is a good thing!

We are looking forward to skiing today. 4" of new snow at mid mountain and 6" at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment