Sunday, February 28, 2010

First Run in the BOAT!

My first annual run on treadmill in Steamboat Grand.

It is the only place I enjoy (look forward to....nah!) a treadmill run. I am not sure why that is. Maybe because I am on vacation and all is good? Maybe because since I normally avoid running on the treadmill, it is different enough to make it interesting? Maybe because I have no gauge of whether or not it is a bad or good work out except for how my body feels? Maybe because I allow a shorter work out since I tend to try and do a much faster pace? Or is it because I get to sleep an hour later and still run at 6:00 am! Hmmmm. I just don't know. But the good thing is that I like doing and usually get a least 3 runs in.

Today I decided to try an interval run where I ran fast during the show and recovered during the commercial. Unfortunately, I started with the WRONG channel. Who knew that CNN had such long news periods. And to make it worse it was typical 24 hours news channel "no news trying to look like new" It was all (25 minutes until I changed the channel) on the Chile earthquake. Now, don't get me wrong, I have sympathy for them. But it happened yesterday and I would think there would be SOME other news to report. Especially when they weren't giving us any news anyway.

So I switched to network news. Much better. And of course the first story was about the inaccuracy of exercise machine and watches estimation of how many calories you burn. Not good news, but not surprising. I have never paid much attention to how many calories I have burned except after a 3 hour run! Needless to say they all OVER estimate the amount of calories you burn by quite a significant amount. Now that is NEWS!!!!!

So, my work out when well. 45 minutes at a pace over 1 minute per mile faster than my pace run on Friday and Yes, I did have the incline at 1% except for the last minute.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love...and hate..treadmill running. I've never been able to come close to matching my treadmill time out on the road...not that any of the running I do is fast!

    Hope you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete