Sunday, March 7, 2010

2:30 Done

Done with the 2:30 long run! Many, Many THANKS to Jill who ran it with me at the ridiculous time of 11:00.

I started out feeling really good, especially considering we got back from ski vacation the night before. Normally, my first run after a vacation is not great - sluggish. I think it is because I am out of my routine and eating habits are less than ideal (not that they normally are). But today I felt really good. I think part of it was that I got to get out of the house for 2.5 hours and away from the kids (yes, I do love them, but after a week of vacation I am ready for some ALONE time) plus J could get caught up on laundry!

So, I felt in high spirits for about the first 50 minutes. The next 1:40 minutes was a struggle. It has been a long time where I have stopped to "take a break" with only 15 minutes to go. I am afraid this is one of my quirks that I am sure drives my running partners crazy. You would think I could push through it and just run those 15 minutes and get it done with, but sadistically I feel the need to walk. AND I even turn off my watch so is not like I letting myself not run those 15 minutes. Nope, I am just stretching out the pain and agony even longer!

So, we ran 15.68 and nice weather. No sun, but little wind and relatively warm. A lot of spring weather walkers were out and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment