Sunday, August 2, 2009

Triathlon Done!

Jill and fellow Spartan, Jeff S. completed their first spring triathlon on Saturday! I completed my fourth (over about 12 years!) It was not an easy one! Someone told me that it is the hilliest tri in the Midwest. Big rolling hill after big rolling hill on the bike portion. Plus we had a strong - stop you in your tracks - wind, it wasn't too bad on the bike, but was nasty on the run.

Once again I got KILLED on the bike portion. I was one of the fastest times in the swim and run and one of the slowest on the bike. How hard can biking be? Of course when I bike about 3 times a year all the month before the tri, I shouldn't expect much. My over all time was 1:48:10. My last tri I did in 1:47:39. I am pretty consistent, just like my marathons.

It was fun to do, but I don't find the training as "fun" (not quite the right word) as half/full marathon training. Maybe that is because I don't have a group of people to do it with. Don't get any ideas Larry! It does make me miss swimming... just a little bit.

I felt good after the race. Today my knees are bothering me a little bit - probably from all the hills. It was well run, great shirt and had cheerful volunteers, but due to the hilly bike route I don't think I will do that tri again.

No comments:

Post a Comment