Saturday, September 13, 2008

Envy

I went on one of my wonderful vacation runs this morning. I have come to love these runs instead of feeling like I HAVE to do them. Although I take my Garmin along for distance, I don't let my pace worry me. Come to think of it, if I didn't have my Garmin along I probably would have run longer. Oh well.

I ran along the bay shore. A lot of people out running which is always cool. Plus I ran into a art fair and a farmers market. When I was running by the marine museum I noticed people swimming. Then I noticed a whole group of women hanging out on the seating areas. Although I was pretty sure it was a tri group (pretty obvious - who else would be swimming between buoys with wetsuits on) I decided to ask. Sure enough it is a group of women who train together through a store in the area called See Jane Run. As I continued to run I saw seals swimming in the water nearby. How cool would that be? It turns out they were doing a swim/run workout. Several times I saw women greet passing women as they were running. I caught up to a group of 4 and asked if they were part of "Team in Training"since I saw a woman with one of their hats. Nope, it was still the See Jane Run group. How lucky they are to have such a large group to train with and a beautiful place with great temperatures! Envy!!!!
Next day. I didn't get this post done yesterday. Today I hoped to get another run in, but I had to get to Alcatraz for my tour. I could have squeezed it in, but I like those runs to happen as they may and needing to get back by a certain time doesn't allow me to do that. It is vacation after all. Alcatraz was great and it was a beautiful day for walking around. A nice way to end the vacation. Lots of interesting people to look at and you see a lot of things you wouldn't see in Sparta!

No comments:

Post a Comment