Thursday, September 11, 2008

Not the way it is supposed to go.

We had a 16 mile pace run today. I did 14.62 - that is your first hint of what kind of a run it was for me. My attitude was bad before I even started which is not the way to start. I have it the "I don't really care how fast I run" mode that often hits at the pinnacle of training. However, today it went one step lower since I added "Nor do I care how far I run today".

Jill was a saint - hanging with me the whole time and keeping up a cheerful banter. It didn't keep me from walking, but it definitely helped me. So, Mike - LAY OFF HER or you will have to answer to me. Of course, I am going to be in San Fran, so I won't be able to do much. Sorry Jill.

So, since we are leaving for San Fran this morning (I have not yet packed)I went another step lower by adding, "I just want to leave for vacation where I can sleep, sleep, sleep."

Yes, I still plan on running when I am out there. It is something I have found I really enjoy. So look for postings from San Fran.

No comments:

Post a Comment