Friday, January 11, 2008

Midwest Marathons

A wonderful run with Larry and the Gals today. 6.87 miles. Sandy, Judy, Jenny and I. Christy put up with Larry all by herself earlier. Sheri and Al were smart and came later so they could have Judy all to their selves! Great to see Sheri back out again!

I log my miles on breakingthetape.com. It makes figuring out year end totals and how many miles I have on a pair of shoes very easy. One graph that is fun is the one that shows monthly totals. Go to 2007. Can you tell where I was fighting my injury?

Here is some information on registration for the "Big 3" Midwest Marathons that I thought you would find interesting, especially the change in Grandma's. Thanks to River City Running Club's newsletter.

OK, so what do you need to be watching for if your plans include one of the big three? First up on the calendar is Grandma's. Unlike in previous years when only regular mail entries were accepted and the prior year's entrants would be mailed an entry form a few days in advance, this year Grandma's has gone to on-line registration only. Registration begins at midnight on January 17. With this new system, I'm going to guess that the field will be filled in less than a week since out-of-state runners will not have to wait for the mailed entry form.

Although the Chicago Marathon won't be held until October, registration opens on February 1! And every year it fills earlier, and despite the problems that occurred with the heat in 2007, this race will likely fill in about a month or so in 2008.

If you're thinking about the Twin Cities Marathon, a date has not yet been set for registration to open, but it will probably be in early May as usual. Like Grandma's, this race is limited to about 9000 runners and will fill in about a week or so.

2 comments:

  1. Registration for Twin Cities actually opens on April 18 for the October 5 race!

    Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I like the way your blog is set up...I hope you don't mind if I sort of replicate it for my own training...

    ReplyDelete