Wednesday, January 9, 2008

10% rule being challenged?

I know, I know.... the title of this post should have had the words "Green Bay Packers" in it, but I am saving that until next Monday!

I brisk run this morning with the cousins and Jenny. The cold wind took me by surprise. I am not sure if it was the cold run or the lingering excitement from the Packer victory that made the pace faster than usual. (I can hear Jill thanking her lucky stars that she didn't roll out of bed and join us.)

I learned yesterday that I might have a slight addiction problem with Wii's Super Mario Galaxy game. Apparently, I was experiencing the need to satisfy some unrealized desires from my adolescence since my parents never got us an Atari or InteTelvision game. If you ever need to know how to get past the first Galaxy - I am your person!

Since the training season is quickly approaching, I thought you would find this article on whether or not the 10% rule works interesting. The 10 percent rule states you should increase your training mileage or intensity no more than 10 percent each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment