Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ice Be Gone!

and it was! The roads were pretty ice free this morning. It was Jill who made it happen. She put on her traction shoes, which of course means Murphy's Law kicked in and she didn't need them.

A very humorous run with Jill and Mike this morning. I have to be careful though. Since I don't know all the Sparta history and since they love to give each other grief, I never know if it is something I should be laughing at or not. Apparently, Mike as the JV (not VARSITY) boys (he wished it was girls) basketball team. He said Christy is to blame.....

I needed the comic relief this morning. I told Mike and Christy I was feeling a little down this morning. Yesterday afternoon during the Ellen DeGeneres show there was a commercial call for the attention of anyone born between 1925 and 1968 (the latter being the glorious year I was born). It caught my attention b/c I couldn't imagine a class action suit that would cover such a broad category. Well, it wasn't a lawsuit, but it took a while for them to get to the point (kinda like those "head on" commercials). I soon realized they wanted you to buy "Peace of Mind" Insurance which ensures the loved ones you leave behind will have enough money to pay for your funeral!!!! WHAT!!!! Have these people not heard that 40 is the new 20? Geesh! What a blow!

1 comment:

  1. Allison, we are so much better off than the 20 year olds of the world!! We have it together, and we can enjoy who we are! I would never go back. Besides, you look better than most of those 20 year old girls anyway, and I'm sure you are in much better shape! I do know what you mean though, as I had a similar experience last weekend. I was at the Clinique counter at Macy's getting some of my essentials, and the girl offered me some Renew Eye Cream (for wrinkles!) I was horrified, and went home crying! After I bought the cream of course, which I have been dousing my eye in every night since! :) We "older" gals have to hang together, right?

    ReplyDelete