Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oy! A month

I see I have not posted in over a month! Yikes! You would think with the spring weather running would be on my mind constantly and I would have much to post about. Hmmmm. Not the case.

Although I have been wondering when will be the first day we can wear shorts. I was thinking that on January 1 each year we should start a betting pool to see can guess the right day. However, with the group I run with there would have to be copious rules to prevent cheating. I would put it past Mike to wear shorts on a -17 day just to get a free donut. Such challenges!

My ice cleats are still sitting on the floor of my car. The other day I thought I about moving them to storage, but I just don't want to take the chance of jinxing an early spring. So, I think I will let them sit there for another month to make sure we don't get any snow in April. In case you didn't know, my actions control the weather. Just like where Christy sits during a Green Bay Packer game determines if they win or lose.

I saw that the Boston Marathon has tightened their qualification times. Sigh....

Spring is flying by (and it is only the 2nd day!)! Those of the group that is marathon training has been saying how fast (and easy) their training has been. They think they are fooling us veteran runners in the hopes of making us regret not training for another marathon. HA! We are on to you! We all know that marathon training NEVER and I mean NEVER goes fast AND easy!!! You think you are soooooooo sly!

Well, that is it for the rambling. Hopefully I will be posting more than once a month in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Was wondering what had happened to you!

    ReplyDelete