Friday, March 25, 2011

2011 the year of running?

It looks like 2011 and part of 2012 will be the year of running for me.

I have committed (kinda) to running a half marathon each month starting in May. AND I just registered for the 2010 Disney Goofy Challenge (half marathon and marathon back to back).

I took a quick peek at Jeff Galloway's training plan for the Goofy. I saw a 26 mile run!!!! Good thing there is not a Un DO!!!! button on the registration.

Today I goofed and set my alarm wrong which met Christy had to run by herself. I could say I did set it right, but my alarm felt the world wide grief experienced by all Badger fans when Bucky failed to win his game last night and decided to be kind to at least me and change my wake up time from 4:30 to 6:30. I was punished by the fact that I had to to my entire long run by myself. And of course after not running for 3 days due to weather and work, my body felt like H*ll for the first 4 miles. There was no one to distract me from my misery, so consider me punished!

Are you curious what half marathons I have planned? Here they are... I am still looking for one in December.
May – Green Bay Cellcom

June 5 – Minneapolis Half Marathon

July 16 – Karner Blue Half Marathon – Black River Falls

August 21 – Madison Mini Half Marathon

Sept 11 - Elroy Tunnel Trails Half Marathon

Oct 29 – Summit Credit Union Haunted Hustle Marathon http://www.capitolviewevents.com/hauntedhustle.html

Nov 6 – Rails to Trails, NorwalkWI

December – Sparta Half Marathon??? (for some reason there are no half marathons in MN, IL, IA or WI in December)

January 2012 – Disney

February 12 – Sandbox indoor half (new Richmond) or Rochester Lace up against Breast Cancer

March 26 - Dick Lytie Spring Classic Half Marathon Green Bay

April 15 – Reedsburg Medical Center Vet Fest Half Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment