Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Good Job!

I made a surprise visit to morning running group this morning. In other words, I wasn't signed up to run - much to Jill's frustration. True to her friendship to Mike, she showed despite being sick and not getting to bed early. She didn't want to leave him hanging. Plus, in addition to making her get out of bed unnecessarily, I had us run intervals. She earns today's medal for "Most Effort".

Jenny also dropped in unexpectedly. Don't ask me what is going on with her and Mike since they were in their own little "fast runners" world.

Here is some inspirations for those of us 40 and over (I am NOT over forty yet!) and those Young's who inspire to be as great as us....

An article on Dana Torres’s who is 41, mother of one and just qualified for her 5th Olympics and not just by the skin of her teeth. Torres won the women's 50-meter freestyle eclipsing the U.S. record she set the previous day in the semifinals. Of course if I had a head coach, a sprint coach, a strength coach, two stretchers, two masseuses, a chiropractor and a nanny, I would be going to the Olympics too. Okay, maybe just to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment