Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year

I hope that how 2011 blew in is not a sign of the year to come!

I enjoyed a great 6 mile New Year's Day run with Kwik Trip gal. It would have been easy to cancel since the wind is just HOWLING outside and it is about 30 degrees colder than the balmy 36 degrees I ran in on Thursday! Ah - the whims of Wisconsin winters.

Runner's World magazine came at a perfect time yesterday. In it was an article about 3 friends running in cold sleet and ice. So, when I considered not going just because of wind, I felt quite wimpy. However, in the same edition they feature a Weather Channel guy who said he doesn't run outside if it is below 45 degrees! (He lives in Atlanta) If he does, he pulls out all the cold weather gear! Give me a break! Let's talk about running in -17!

I did pass my previous yearly mileage record of 1326.38 set in 2009! I ran 1356.52 in 2010! Not bad considering I only ran one marathon last year as compared to two in 2009. Since I don't plan on running any marathons in 2011, I doubt I will top my 2010 mileage, but you never know!

Happy New Years Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment