Monday, July 19, 2010

found the secret

Apparently Mondays are turning into my tempo runs and my posting days.

It appears that I have found the secret to fast running. I am not sure I should share it since I am sure it will spread through the running community like wildfire and change running as we know it. But you know me... I can't help to share the newest and greatest thing for runners. Well, it is....




Snickers Blizzards.

Yep, I am SURE the fact that I had one last night is the reason that I was able to run an 8:28 pace this morning!!! Whew! It might be tough, but I may have to test my theory again next Sunday. I know you all will support me in my latest attempt to make running more enjoyable!

I hadn't really planned on running that fast, but poor Areanna (college cross country runner of our group) didn't have a fast running partner since Jenny pulled her hamstring. So, I decided to attempt to run faster. Now, 8:28 still is not fast for her, but I think it helped. I know I should be incorporating some of these pace runs into my training along with the dreaded track workouts, so this seemed like a good time. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment