Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Holy Crap!

Holy Crap! For two reasons this morning.

First Holy Crap and starting on a happy note - a TON of people came and ran this morning. It looked like a big sale was happening at Walgreens. NINE! Jenny and Wendy made their repeat seasonal return (I missed them last time since due to not hearing my alarm clock). And Dan (Wendy's husband) joined us too!

Second HOLY CRAP and not so happy note - Jenny and Wendy have turned into speed demons over the winter and the overall slower momentum of the rest of the runners did not slow them down. Instead the group increased their pace to try to keep up. However, the wise ones (over 40) and thus able to resist foolishness behavior, decided to actually enjoy the morning run and settled into a much more reasonable, but still faster than normal, pace. Thanks goodness Elyse and Dan were there or it would have been either a lonely or miserable run for me.

On an even funnier note: Last night I had a dream, and I am not joking about this, that we were at a marathon expo and as we were leaving we said "We will see you at the post race celebration with beers in our hands!" To which the race organizer responded, "Sorry, no beer this year." Which elicited the reply, "WHAT???" And he explained that it was a new law which prohibited them from serving alcohol after races. To which I responded, "That's it - now I am definitely NOT doing marathons anymore!".

So, I interpret this dream a couple of ways...
  1. It was a NIGHTMARE, not a dream.
  2. Apparently, I do need a break from marathons.
  3. It is an obvious indication of my opinion of the laws politicians feel compelled to enact for the "good" of the people. (sarcasm)
  4. Maybe I am running marathons for the wrong reasons - all of which come in 12 oz containers and contain a yellowish brown beverage with a lovely white foam on top.
A search of the Internet came up with this appropriate picture:

beerrunner.JPG.jpg


And also helped me discover a great new blog: Beerrunner

No comments:

Post a Comment