Saturday, April 17, 2010

3:15 done

I ran my 3:15 hour long run yesterday. Thankfully I had Rhonda to run with me. She was a life saver and very good at chatting! It was NOT a good run.

The first 11 miles Kristi B joined us. We had a fight the 25-30 mph wind on the first leg and the last, but beyond that the wind didn't bother us too much. K did great - her longest run so far!!!!

I started having stomach issues shortly into that first hour and the first Gu did not help. When we looped back to R's to drop off K, I had a granola bar hoping it would help. It didn't. It really sucked. I have never had stomach issues like that and I am guessing it is because of the medicine I am on in combination of not eating the right thing during the day. The bummer was that my legs felt pretty good. Of course, at the pace I was going at the end - how could they not feel good!

I made it home, paid the babysitter and crashed on the couch - afraid to move. I logically thought I should get something in my stomach but really didn't want to take the chance. I made myself get up and take a hot shower, which I had a hard time making myself leave. Can't I stay in here forever? And that did make me feel better - enough so that I was willing to chance something in my stomach. A plain bagel and strawberry jam. Once I got that in, I was willing to chance some ibuprofen to mask the muscle pain so I could sleep. And I actually did sleep fairly well. Glad it is done and just hope the next run goes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment