Friday, September 11, 2009

Marathon is on!

My foot has been feeling pretty good lately, so I decided to see how much of the long run I would be able to do today. I am very happy to report that I did the whole 3:30 (well, actually 3:28) or 22 miles. Little pain and it didn't get worse. It is soaking in an ice bath right now just in case.

It was good run, although know I can't say anything disparaging about Christy or Bryan for the 6 months since they were kind enough to let me use their bathroom. Of course, they did send me to the one without the fan, I think just to see how red my face could get from embarrassment. That is why they only get a 6 month reprieve instead of a year.

So, that was our last long run for this marathon. I am a little nervous since I missed two pace runs and a long run. I know I can do it, but it may be painful. Of course, it does take the pressure off a little bit... I have a good excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment