Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quite a change

Quite a change today.. had to run on a treadmill. It was a good work out beyond the fact that they needed some fans and the women next to me had immovable boobs, snapped her gum and her workout was taking big strides at a steep incline going both forwards and then backwards. I guess in my mind she is summed up by her snapping gum. I will have to add that to my list of treadmill/gym pet peeves.

It is always interesting to be in a gym where there is not a regular clientele - such as a hotel fitness room. Beyond the snapping gum lady, there was also the guy who came in with his black "non running" tennis shoes, got on the treadmill and promptly put it up at full speed and then tried to push the button to slow down without falling off the back. I am always curious why these people chose this moment to try running. It is not something I would think about doing while on vacation. Hmmmm.... I think I will go down to the hotel fitness room and try running. NO, my thought process is.... I wonder how long the kids will sleep so I can sleep late.

No comments:

Post a Comment