Friday, August 14, 2009

Brutal

A brutal long run this morning. Hot (for 5 am) and humid. Dripping with sweat was an understatement. If you had asked me during the run, I would have said I was miserable. Although I became considerably happier when I convinced Jenny and Judy to stop at the depot and get a Diet Dew. We were only 25 minutes from ending but I NEEDED MY DIET DEW! The magic elixir worked and for the last 25 minutes I was in a much better mindset. I think we would make a good commercial for them, especially since a number of non Dew drinkers have said that it really hits the spot on a long run. Judy commented that she can't even chug her beer as fast as Jenny and I chugged that Dew!

So, we were 5 minutes short, but I don't keep track of stopped time, so we are sure we had more than 3 hours "on our feet" even if it was not all running. Given how hot it was, 2:55 was damn good. Plus we had a good pace considering... 9:16 for 18.88 miles. Now it is time to enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment