Monday, March 16, 2009

Afternoon run

I discovered today that I am no longer an afternoon runner. It was a beautiful day despite a strong wind, but the first mile was hard. I felt like I was back in my newbie days since I had to mentally chant to myself "It gets better after the first mile. It gets better after the first mile". It did take awhile, but it greatly improved when I ran into Mike who was also ready. And nice guy that he is, he joined me for the next 3 miles. That or he knew he was in deep doo doo since he had abandoned me this morning and yet, here he is running. Hmmmm... apparently 8 more hours helped his knees recover.

It did turn into a good run.. despite feeling like I was struggling I had a good pace. So, I was pleased at the end, but not enough to go back to afternoon running.

No comments:

Post a Comment