Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tom

It is not just that I want to make Tom's Monday by not only mentioning him in the blog, but also doing so by name. As regular blog readers may remember my reference to a person "who shall not be named". Well, that is Tom. Today he earned being mentioned by name because he ran the last 5 miles with me. It was also the first time is almost a year that he ran with us. (That might be an exaggeration since I didn't look back at old blogs to confirm, but I think naming him by name is good enough. Of course, I was tempted to not be not so bold since the first thing he said to me when we were alone was "I am going to make the blog now, aren't I?". Tom apparently doesn't know the power of fake indifference, kinda like playing hard to get.

It was a nice day (FINALLY) for a run, despite a strong wind from the south. It was 24 degrees! Wow! AND at the end of the run the sun came out! Wonderful, Wonderful. We started out with a big group, Judy, Jill, Elyse, Sheri and Al with Larry walking. Tom and I went 1:40 and 10.86 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment