Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last run of 2008

The last run of 2008 was a cold one with a couple of inches of fresh snow, but the slipping and sliding didn't seem too bad.

It was a good year. A total of 1291 miles for me and two marathons. Even better was that I came away from the marathons with a positive experience. I loved Green Bay because it got me over my "I Hate Marathons" mentality. So, I headed into Chicago with a good experience under my belt. Chicago will definitely go down as my most memorable and enjoyable marathon. It was so fantastic to train and run that race with all my running friends. Whoever said running is a solitary sport is wrong!

Even better was that 2008 was injury free. My plantar fasciitis did not rear its ugly head again! I am looking forward to 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment