Monday, December 29, 2008

Beat the record!

Today I surpassed my record for mileage run in a year! Yeah! The weird thing is that the previous record was set the year I ran only one marathon. You would think I would have passed that year's mileage earlier since I ran (and trained for) two marathons this year! It proves my theory that I over trained for my first marathon.

Speaking of marathons...... the talk is starting. One person, who I will leaved unnamed (for the moment) says that they are ready to run another one! It looks like I might be pulled in to training for the GB marathon. I have been on the fence any way. I just happened on the following quote that is on the back of my Lutheran Digest. It seems like a sign that I should run the marathon given I was writing this post when I happened upon it:

In Courage
We totally
Forget the self
And the Cares
Of the Day
Are set aside
For the greater good
-K.S. Harding
I am sure that the quote was not inspired by someone that chose to train for a marathon just to help her fellow runners out, but hey - when you get a sign you should just roll with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment