Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Internal Debates

I am fighting a cold, so I had the age old runner debate - to run or not to run. If I didn't run I could go back to sleep, but I was pretty wide awake and it would mean running on Thursday. BUT if I ran on Thursday then I could help Christy out since she is the only one signed up. BUT I would be running the day before my pace run (no rest) AND what if I was even sicker? I would feel more obligated to run since Christy would be by herself, so it wouldn't be as easy to leak out as today. AND if I ran today, I could sleep late tomorrow. The deciding factor - I was wide awake from all the internal debate, already had my running clothes on (Of course, that still didn't mean I had to go) so I might as well go.

The debate continued on the whole drive to the pool and the first half mile where for 5 seconds I seriously considered stopping and going back to the car. BUT I reminded myself that the first mile always sucks, even if Mike isn't there (hee hee).

AND it turned out to be a good run. Once I was warmed up I didn't feel too bad and we ran a 8:45 pace! I wasn't even leading the group! So, way to go you fast runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment