Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I feel your pain

Just so you guys know, I submit myself to pain even when I am not running with you. I decided to do an interval run this morning. Of course it was the worst day ever to do so, because it was the HILLIEST course EVER! I should have just turned off my interval program and realized I was doing a hill work out. But no, I couldn't let you guys down. So, I did it. Not pretty, but I did it. I figured you guys would say it would be pay back for doing a roller coaster hill during a long run. This run was like doing intervals on roller coaster hill x 10! No exaggeration. I know we will be hearing enough exaggeration when Mike and Bryan return from Canada - so no need to dish it out now!

So you guys were heavy on my mind this morning.. in addition to the interval training from HE double hockey sticks.... I encountered a very LARGE and very LOUD dog. He did not have an electric collar on. Luckily his owner was awake and said "Leave her alone". Apparently he listened. Of course I got to dread repeating that encounter on the way back, but the running Gods decided they had dealt me enough challenges and the dog was inside on my return pass. Whew! Not to be out done though, the Gods made me do my last interval ALL up hill.... no lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment