Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting Better!

We continue to improve our interval pace. Today was 8:33. Now, I know you feel like we do intervals all the time - and so did I - but looking back at my history the last time we did intervals was on August 7th. So, don't call me a Slave Driver - Gol' Darn It!.

I think our new runners are enjoying the benefits of running with others... in other words - running faster. Yesss, this is a benefit, not a torture. I heard Elyse and Katie going on and on and on about how fast I was running the last part of the run (post intervals). Hmmmmm, I must point out that they were close enough behind me that I could hear EVERY SINGLE WORD, so I wasn't the only one running a 8:31 pace that last 1.2 miles! Way to go girls!

Looking at our pace during the intervals, we significantly improved the pace during the fast portions. During our 8/7 interval, only one of them was below a 7:30 pace. Today all but two were below a 7:30 pace and those were the first too. All of them were below a 8:00 pace! Excellent!!!!

And WENDY and JENNY weren't there - even though they were signed up to be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment