Monday, August 25, 2008

Cruisin'

Normally I dread my first run after vacation. I don't think I have ever experienced a "good" run in that situation. When we got home from vacation I checked my e-mail (does that surprise you?) and there was one from Wendy wondering if I wanted to run that afternoon. I was up for it, but wasn't sure Jim would be thrilled with me heading out after just getting home. I caught Wendy and she hadn't left yet. I checked with Jim and he was fine with it - the benefits of having a husband who runs!

I had energy for the run, but wasn't looking forward to 1. the post vacation run 2. running in the afternoon (my body rhythms just aren't used to it anymore) 3. running in much hotter weather than usual 4. Running with speed demon Wendy.

So, we started out and I felt like I had expected - post vacation run - lead legs, felt off balance and like I had never run a day in my life. Plus I was looking at another 5 miles of this in hot, sweaty weather - not a situation that brings a smile to my face.

It was hard, but not too bad. We ended up with an 8:36 pace which I believe is the fastest so far! So THANKS Wendy for getting my butt out there!

I am now done with ME, ME, ME and on to WENDY, WENDY, WENDY. Here it is folks - for the record. I direct quote from her: "I think this winter I am going to adjust my temperature barrier to 10 degrees". Whoa! Hold the Presses! You know it is now because now it is in writing on the Internet and we all know that everything we read on the Internet is true! I didn't mention to Wendy that the Farmer's Almanac, which claims an accuracy rate of 80 to 85 percent for its forecasts, predicts at least two-thirds of the country can expect colder-than-average temperatures this winter and above-normal snowfall for the Great Lakes and Midwest, especially during January and February. I know that Wendy is always up for a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment