Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On the trail again

Jim and I took the kids to the bike trail for a 5 mile bike - for them and a 5 mile run for us. Two neighborhood kids joined us. In my 8 years of parenting I have finally learned the positive power of peer pressure forever after known as PPPP. Compared to my adventure a week ago it was a breeze. Not one bit of whining. Only one "You Budged!" Not one "Can we take a break?" Oh, to be honest there was one "I want to go back". But it was very short lived.

However, for us runners the trail seemed to go on FOREVER! 2.5 miles never seemed so LONG! To make up for it, the weather was near perfect. Slightly cool, but not too cool. Slightly warm, but not too warm. Slightly breezy, but only at the right times.

AND the kids actually said they had FUN! Wow! We will see if they sing the same tune during the Stampede. Any bets?

No comments:

Post a Comment