Friday, May 30, 2008

Milking It

No. I am not milking cows (yes, we are in Wisconsin). I am milking the post marathon recovery. I just can't get my body moving. Luckily, I can say - with honesty - that I am still in marathon recovery mode. I have been struggling to run both in physically and mentally - not that I have ever jumped out of bed at 4:30 and said "I CAN' WAIT TO RUN!" Of course when you are struggling physically, struggling mentally comes quickly behind. Oh well, not time to worry about it yet. Check in with me at the end of June....

Today is Jim and my 10th anniversary. He is still sleeping, I ran 5 miles before 6:00. Needless to say, we would not have said this is what our 10th anniversary day would look like if you had asked us on our wedding day. Even more so, the going to bed at 9:00 to get up and run at 6:30 on Saturday. Is this is what maturity looks like?

No comments:

Post a Comment