Friday, February 8, 2008

Texas run

I didn't think I would be able to post from Texas, but it looks like I can. My Mom was having problems with her connection, but it works poolside - life is so rough. Have to go to the pool to go on the internet!

I got a 5.5 mile run in this morning. I tried to pick up the pace which I accomplished with an average 8.44/mile which included the 10 minute warm up. It was a struggle though. It always seems that the day after a flight it is hard to run. Of course it could have had something to do with the abrupt change of running in 65 degrees! It was a little windy too.... but it could be worse down here.

When we were sitting on the plane an older man sat down across the aisle. Just before he sat down I caught a glimpse of his shirt and I thought it looked like last year's GB t-shirt. It was all I could do not to ask him which marathon it was for. He must have been wondering why I kept glancing at him. The young man next to me was with him, so I finally said to him "I was wondering what marathon his shirt is from". He said "I think it is Des Moines." I was finally satisfied.

A good flight down, a little bumpy and delayed 15 minutes but that was it. I hope MIke was able to get out of Chicago okay.

I will be thinking about you guys tomorrow when I am running in 70 degrees!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment