Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dogs, Dogs, Dogs

I was thinking a lot about Sandy and Wendy on my run this morning. I decided to venture out of the park and run on a couple of local roads. There are a lot of loose dogs, but it also seems like everyone has a dog - especially the small yappers that love to bite. As I was running I saw three dogs ahead of me jaunting down the road - one big one and two little yappers. They were running away from me, so I could watch them for awhile. As I neared I got to watch the big one "due service" to one of the little ones which made me think they were strays. Of course, since they were out for a Sunday stroll and I was not - I caught up to them. There was a lot of barking and yapping and "GO HOME". I saw the big one had a collar, so I knew they weren't strays. Plus after what I had just witnessed him doing to one of the yappers, I figured he must be in the mood for lovin not fightin. The left me alone, but the whole time I was imagining Wendy and Sandy hugging each other in the middle of street!

It wasn't a great run. It was one where I just had to tell myself - it is better to be running slow rather than not at all. I did 5.5 miles at an average 9:31 pace. Makes me nervous for the pace runs coming up. It was just so hard to get my body moving. Not sure what it was, the blizzard I had yesterday or the fact that I dreamt I was running a half marathon. I might have not run in in reality, but mentally I had! It make me appreciate Wendy's Disney marathon all the more. I can't imagine how hard it is to run a marathon without being used to the heat. Yes it is warm down here and a little muggy - mid 70's. Good Job WENDY!

ps. the spell check option doesn't seem to be working for me, so please excuse any typos!

No comments:

Post a Comment