Saturday, May 12, 2007

Post Mother's Day run.

A nice 4+ mile run today. (Forgot my Forerunner). Jordan, Mike and I. I think illness has taken out a couple of the marathoners.

So, a few benefits of running:

Running is better than sex. Well, aerobically speaking, that is. An adult weighing 150 pounds will burn about 520 calories running for 40 minutes at about 7:30 pace. That same guy or gal will only burn 192 calories having sex for 40 minutes. (I put that one first since I know it would be the one that interests you most.)

I am sure Larry would LOVE to chime in here, but I can't help but thinking that it must have been a guy writing this article... come on - 40 minutes? Obviously the person does not have kids.

There is evidence that shows long distance runners have higher IQs, do better in school and earn higher incomes than non-runners. The thinking is that all of that time we spend out there running allows us to sort through problems and generally exercise our brains while we exercise our bodies. Of course, that assumes you’re thinking about something other than the bacon cheeseburger you’re going to have for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment