Friday, November 5, 2010

Record?

It is a record! And no, I am not talking about the fact that I have posted 2 times in 2 days!

There are 17 - SEVENTEEN people on this week's running poll!!!! Who would have thunk (yes, I know that is not a real word... just being funny for you literal people out there) 5 (or 6 or 4 years ago... we are not sure) when we started running in the morning that we would have 17 - SEVENTEEN people wanting to meet at the horrendous time of 5:00 AM to RUN! And in all weather except for rain. Oh - a new exception was added last week... 60 mph winds.

I am thinking that we are going to have to start issuing name tags. A new running gadget!

I am not sure if I am happy with this next realization or not.... It looks like people are taking 'ownership' in the poll. This week one of our members added to his name a little love note to his wifey who is long distance commuting. It appeared as this ... "Frank - (I love u honey;^)". Hmmmm. Even though this is extremely cute and makes all us wives green with envy, it makes me wonder if I now need to institute some rules on what is acceptable and not acceptable when filling out the poll. I thought dealing with the people who show up but don't fill out the poll was bad enough (It has been a while since I have thought about He Who Shall Not Be Named).

Anyway, I am going to focus on the happy feelings of 17 - SEVENTEEN people being on the poll! Plus the addition of a new runner! Dean has joined us THREE times!!! Another man who is not intimidated by all us women! So, another happy thought: We now have 4 - FOUR men who show they are well grounded in their manhood by running with us 13 women.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment