Saturday, June 5, 2010

Back to running

I started back to running this week with a vengeance. I was away at a meeting Tuesday - Thursday and I actually ran the two mornings I was there. That was a first for me. Usually I try to run at least one day. It helps me keep my head in these meetings which tend to challenge me as much as my marathons do! I do love running in other cities. The pressure to do well is, for some reason, off. Plus with it being my first week of post marathon running... I had another reason to take it easy.

Today I had planned on going 7-8 and ended up with 10.6 despite the majority of the running group abandoning me and Julianne at 2 miles. They had started a half hour earlier. Personally, I just don't get why people don't want to sleep in just a little bit on the weekend! I could go on and on about that.... but I won't.

The rest of the group missed an enjoyable run - so it was their loss anyway. I haven't run with Julianne for quite awhile so we had quite a lot to talk about and the miles flew by. I was feeling it (the marathon) at the end, but was glad I did OVER 10 miles!

I was looking for something funny and running related to post - but no such luck. So instead I am going to post a video and a drummer that thinks quite a bit of himself. It is pretty funny....it is long, but he amazingly keeps it up the whole time. I wonder if he wore a Bodybugg, how many calories he would burn. Would it count as an aerobic activity?


No comments:

Post a Comment