Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesdays

I noticed a couple of things today. First there were a LOT of runners. 9 - I think.

Second - we stood around and talked for a few minutes afterwards. Not something we normally do. There are a couple of reasons why I think this phenomenon occurred:
  1. Jenny and Wendy were running. As soon as they had an opening, they took it and Tom went with them. A few of us nicer people hung back and stopped and waited for Belle had to do her business. (to be fair J, W and T were so far ahead they had no idea) So, we were all spread out through most of the run. As a result there was little opportunity to talk among the whole group, so we had to do it after the run.
  2. It was actually daylight so we could see each other when we were talking.
  3. It was somewhat warm (as compared to below zero).
  4. We ran such a fast pace that we got back well before 6:00, so people didn't need to rush off.
  5. Tom wouldn't let us go because he had to tell us about his new camper.
Over the weekend I ran in my home town. It was a windy and wet day, but I enjoyed it anyway. It was a trip down memory rain. Plus the crab apple trees were in mid blossom and their colors were just vibrant. At one point I stopped to take a picture of a crab apple blossom tunnel I was going to run through, but I realized that I didn't have my phone. This isn't the picture, but it shows the beauty of crab apple trees.

lg_Springtree.JPG.jpg


It would have been easy to excuse myself with the blustery and wet weather and although it wasn't a fast run, I felt really good having done it. Plus it was fun to run somewhere different.

No comments:

Post a Comment