Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Renege

Okay - I said I was going to take a hiatus from blogging, but in the last couple of days I have had things I wanted to post about or share and was feeling bummed I couldn't. Plus, I found out that I actually have readers (Thanks Take*Two!) not associated with the Sparta running group. (wonders will never cease!).

Another reason is that I need to have the threat of the appearing in "BLOG" when my fellow runners fail to show up to run. One of our runners, who is slowly infiltrating into the morning group, failed to show yesterday despite being signed up. I know she has a fear of what is being said about her in the blog (not sure why that would be!) and I know one of the reasons she failed to roll herself out of bed was because she had no worries about being mentioned in the BLOG. Well, I felt really guilty about that. I felt like I was letting her down (yeah right!). So, I felt the need to serve my people and return to blogging, albeit on a lesser extent.

So here I am again.

I will not blog after every run, just when my fellow runners give me some good material. Plus, I think I will expand the focus a bit beyond running. No fears - I will not give you the mundane details of my daily life! But I do want to be able to share funny or interesting stuff that I can't in some way connect to running.

So.... last night I a lot of dreams which at the time seemed somewhat stressful, but upon wakening I realized were actually HAPPY dreams.

I dreamt that I was in some kind of race at the temperature was going to be a lot warmer than I thought it would be. Not 80's, but more like 50's instead of 20's. In the dream I was stressed about this and wearing the right clothing. But in the wide awake replay I realized that having temperatures in the 50's is ALWAYS better than the 20's!

I dreamt that I got on the vicious scale and it showed my weight at about 10 pounds less than it really it. I didn't believe it and weighed myself again, to a LOWER amount. In the dream I was frustrated by this since I thought the scale was obviously not working right. Now in the wide awake replay I realize that I should never doubt the scale!

I dreamt about my high school friend Donna. It wasn't stressful in anyway. Yeah!

I dreamt that I didn't set my alarm for my morning run. Obviously, I was stressed because I was going to let my friends down and not show up. In the wide awake replay, I should have been happy I got to sleep in one day!

So, this blog is a reminder to us all that life is just a matter of perspective!

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to find other runners who run in this insane weather in Wisconsin! Please continue!!

    ReplyDelete