Monday, January 4, 2010

I thought this would be simple

I was pleasantly surprised this morning. I was expecting frigid and windy - in other words -18 which had been predicted earlier in the week. I awoke to a thermometer which read 14! And although windy, it wasn't bad. Even the freshly fallen snow wasn't too bad to run in. The city had done a good job of plowing. Although our pace did reflect the smooshy conditions (slow). Plus Christy was pleasant company (as usual).

So, in a previous post I mentioned the idea that I got from the movie Julia & Julie. Which is to blog everyday on some tidbit of advice/inspiration given by a running calendar.

I thought this would be easy - that is finding such a calendar. In this day of diets, working out, losing weight and The Biggest Loser, I thought it would be VERY easy to find a calendar that had a daily 5 -15 minute workout or SOMETHING. As I liked to say (and still do) in 8th grade... NOT! (Did that come from some movie?)

Seriously, I thought I could just go to Amazon and type in 'daily fitness calendar' and a plethora of calendars would be listed. Again - NOT! I tried many different search words and the best I could come up with was Eat, Drink, and Be Gorgeous 2010 Daily Calendar. I am not joking. I even did a Google search and came up dry. So, now I am turning to online daily workouts.

Stay tuned to see what I decide or maybe a better way to phrase it what I FIND! (Considering today is January 8th, I am realizing that I may be using this as a delay tactic too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment