Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let downs

It was a warm and drippy run this morning, but a lot of fun conversations. I apparently missed a lot of ribbing by missing Tuesdays run. I was appreciative that they were willing to recap. Of course, Mike was the one retelling stories, I am not sure if Elyse, Katie and Jill appreciated it since they were usually the butt of the joke!

I told them that yesterday I had a frustrating day in the world of running gear shopping. My initial reason to shop was to get grippers for the icy season that will undoubtedly come before they are all sold out. I decided to try a new kind, ice joggers. I became fairly frustrated since I had a very hard time finding out what shoe sizes S,M,L equated too. (shame on you Road Runner Sports). Having finally accomplished that task I realized I should buy some energy gel since mine are about gone. I was pretty excited when I saw a new seasonal favor "mint chocolate". MMMMMM. The reviews I saw were good too. However, I wanted to be sure they had caffeine which was not readily apparent (shame on you AGAIN Road Runner Sports). So again I had to go searching to other websites to figure it out. I finally found an ingredient list that contained a ingredient that said behind it "contains caffeine". Not exactly resounding proof, but at this point I was willing to take it. I put it in my shopping cart only to learn that it wouldn't be shipped until Oct 9 - AFTER my marathon. UGH! All that hard work and salivation for nothing! Just not my day for easy Internet shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment