Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Reliability

This post goes out to Jill.....

I missed your smiling face this morning, but I came to a realization. A TRUE friend will show up to run, even when it is -17 because they know the importance of following through on a commitment - like signing up on a poll saying you would be running. Being the older, wiser runner... I have learned a few things in the 6 years I have been on this earth longer than you. One of which is "It is is the little things that matter". Although I would argue that signing up on the running poll is NOT a little thing. Oh, I know, you will have reasons, excuses etc (My GOOD friend Mike told me to anticipate this). And I will listen with an open mind, but in my heart of hearts I will know the truth - it will be just as Mike told me it would be. He also told me that you will try your best to place the blame on him. However, being a good friend he warned me of this. The nail in the coffin of my friendship with you was Mike saying "I will always show up AND will buy you donuts at the Bakery". I know some will say that this is just the kind of thing the Devil would say. But again, Mike warned me about this and advised, "Put your fingers in your ears and sing Old MacDonald". Good advice from a true friend.

(just teasing - but I do expect donuts)

No comments:

Post a Comment