Thursday, December 18, 2008

A little cold this morning

It was cold this morning. Maybe I was thinking that -2 wasn't that bad when it actually is. I didn't put my face mask up all the way and midway through the run I couldn't listen to the conversation because I was starting to worry about frost bite. Or maybe it was because my ear drums were frozen. Needless to say by the time I got home (and looked in the mirror) my fears were gone.

I am looking for someone in the group to give the srewshoe method a try. This cheap way of preventing slipping in the winter was featured in Runner's World last month. Plus Ryan from Hillrunner sent me a comment with a website with instructions on how to do it. They say it doesn't ruin your shoes so you can keep on running in them after the snow and ice has melted away.

Facebook - so I am discovering the world of Facebook. I have been more of an observer the last few days. I am not quite sure how I want to participate or how much I have time for, but it is cool seeing what old friends are up too.

I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow. No, not because of snow, not because Mike is buying donuts, but I think he has SOMETHING up his sleeve. I know it will shock you - NOT MIKE! but I think it is true. He is more concerned than usual about whether or not we will be coming. Hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment