Monday, November 17, 2008

Studies

I read the following with interest:

A recent British study involving a small number of chocoholics found that the simple act of walking reduced cravings for this cocoa derived delight. Walking briskly for 15 minutes not only reduced the blood pressure of study participants, but it reduced their cravings as well.

Hmmm... I think the trick to walking to reduce chocolate cravings is the fact that they were walking AWAY from the chocolate. "just walk away, just walk away, just walk away".

A good run this morning with Katie, Jenny and Christy. Elyse is out with a cold, so don't worry Jill, you didn't miss hearing any of the latest in the school drama. I know you will be relieved. Something to get you through the day after the Buck Cherry concert last night. I know we will all have to talk louder during our runs so you can hear us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi BadgeRunner,
    I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Running Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

    If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete