Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Worry

A hot, muggy, sticky, interval run this morning. I didn't turn my Garmin on right, so Jill (she so sweetly waited for me) were behind the group in our intervals, but we got them all (8) in! Plus despite the hot weather we did it just one second off our fastest interval workout to date!

So, the little worry worm is gnawing at my brain. My foot is bothering me again. Not sure what it is - new shoes (same style, different color) worn out inserts, just getting out of whack (not my brain) or what. Not what I want at this time. So I am icing, stretching, searching for my old shoes and waiting my new inserts. Of course, I won't know what caused the problem since I will have changed so many things at once. Oh well, as long as it goes away!

On a lighter note: On the Complete Running Network, I found the following article: "Nice Guys Finish Last". It is about the slowest Olympic marathoners in history. I actually found the article uplifting due to the reasons they gave for finishing. Check it out.

Geez! I almost forgot! Apparently the Sparta Police have finally figured out Mike's daily routine. There were two of them waiting for him in the Walgreens parking lot. They were very sneaky, lights off and in the alley right next to the parking lot. So sneaky that I almost rear ended them when I came into the lot. I wonder who's fault that would have been? Hmmmm. Anyway, unfortunately for SPD Mike is off traveling for work. We figured they had to be waiting for him, because he was the only one not there, they didn't arrest any of us innocent women and they left as soon as they realized he wasn't coming. We probably really confuse them with our alternate meeting places. See Mike, we've got your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment