Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Windy but good

A good run with Sandy and Jill this morning. I was dreading it in the middle of the night when the howling wind woke me up. On our long run this weekend, I think I did learn one thing and that is not to fight the wind. When I got hit with a blast I found myself hunkering down and fighting into it. I tried to relax and not do that and it worked. I think I was using a lot of energy just 'fighting' it. Sometimes, like when you are faced with a strong, steady wind, you just have to say this is life and this is this run and not try it beat it. So, I used that mentality this morning on the one stretch where we headed into the wind and it seemed to work. So, lesson learned!

And despite the wind we had a good run. I mixed in some hill work (running faster up the hills on our route) and tried dot pick it up at the end. It was good to see that I can still run faster than a 9:00/mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment