Friday, December 28, 2007

A little help from friends

I was feeling quite sore this morning after two afternoons of skiing with the kids. I am feeling muscles I didn't know I had! Thankfully Jill and Mike were there to distract me from my aches and pains during the run. Plus some streets are still snow covered, which slowed the pace down.

We managed to piss off only one guy this morning. Apparently being in a nice warm car versus out running in 18 degrees wasn't enough to save him from feeling slighted that we were running on his side of the road and not in the hard crunch, ankle turning, slush. So, just to put us in our place, he gave us two loud blasts of his horn (definitely not the friendly peep, peep - way to go!). I am sure the people sleeping soundly in their beds in the surrounding houses were equally happy that he put us in our place! We were shaking in our boots after such scolding! Especially Jill. Come to think of it, it was probably one of her Worker Comp victims!

Well, unfortunately Mike was not out skiing yesterday afternoon - so I don't have any humorous stories to lighten up you day!

No comments:

Post a Comment