Thursday, October 25, 2007

Part II - Wendy, Wendy, Wendy

I was so sure Wendy would be there, as promised, this morning. But at 5:01 (true to Morning Running Group code) Mike and I took off with no Wendy. He was trying to hold me back and wait, but the code was calling. I even reminisced with Mike about the time (way back when we had to walk 5 miles through snow just to meet to run) when Wendy would ask all of us to start at 4:45! Just goes to show you that times change!

Last night when I was surfing the web, I came up this motivational advice. I didn't think I would have to pull it out this morning, but here it is. Just for you Wendy....

(5.5 Miles with Ethanol Man this morning)

Favorite Excuse for Not Working Out: I'm Too Tired
Wed, 10/24/2007 - 11:30am by FitSugar

We all have a favorite excuse for not working out. If yours is "I am just too tired," I have something to tell you. Exercise will give you energy. For reals!

When you are tired, it is difficult to remember how great you felt at the end of your last workout. Chances are really high you felt better post exercise than you did before, and you probably felt more relaxed too. Exercise promotes oxygen exchange, out with the stale air and in with the fresh. Motivate yourself with the carrot of the post exercise euphoria!

Exercise can help you sleep better, and a night of restful sleep will help you stay more energized the next day.

When I am feeling weary and therefore wary of exercise, I have to work through the mind games I play to talk myself out of exercising. Once I finally get moving, I find my energy is there and I am for a full workout. So fight the "too tired" excuse with the mantra "exercise to energize." It may be a little cheesy, but sometimes all it takes is two words to get me off the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment