Sunday, February 11, 2007

I've got a plan

I finally sat down and put my training plan on a calendar. I am using a modified version of Hal Higdon's Advanced 1/2 Marathon. I am going to run 5 days a week instead of 6 and will run my usual 5-6 instead of the listed 3. My goal is to get some quality speed work in to improve my pace. My marathon training really slowed my pace.

Today I did a speed workout on the treadmill. It wasn't bad. A 10 minute warm up, 7 x 400 at about an 8 min pace (7.77 mph) with 400 recovery between each. I found a useful treadmill conversion chart. It converts MPH to Mile/minute (pace) based on the % incline.

It has gotten me excited about training, although my training plan doesn't kick in until the end of February. So, I still have a few weeks of relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment