Tuesday, February 27, 2007

80 degrees!

No, not in Wisconsin - in Texas! I couldn't resist running it in. Unfortunately, it was during rush hour so I had to do a lot of waiting at intersections and be very vigilant about watching turning cars. It made me wonder what is better - being able to run in a big city where routes possibilities are endless, but there is traffic and safety issues. Or in a small town where the routes are limited, but you can run in the streets when there is snow. I think the small town wins out. I think even if you live in a city, you still run the same routes again and again.

The hotel had a great laminated map small enough to go in my pocket. I will have to give them kudos on their comment card for it! It was wonderful to have, especially when I started out in the wrong direction to begin with!

I am glad I got out and even got to run in a section of big houses. I came in at night and will be leaving in the dark, so it was nice to get a better sense of Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment